04/13/17 - (Earth) Liber LXV, Cap. I, v. 4-6

Scriptural meditations of the day from the Thelemic canon, with primary emphasis on Liber LXV, Liber VII, and Liber CCXX. (Meditations with no responses after 2 days will be deleted - we want to encourage ACTIVE DISCUSSION.)

Moderator: Moderators - Public

04/13/17 - (Earth) Liber LXV, Cap. I, v. 4-6

Postby danica » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:31 pm

Liber LXV, Cap. I, v. 4-6

4. Therefore thou writest that which is of mother of emerald, and of lapis-lazuli, and of turquoise, and of alexandrite.
5. Another writeth the words of topaz, and of deep amethyst, and of gray sapphire, and of deep sapphire with a tinge as of blood.
6. Therefore do ye fret yourselves because of this.
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: 04/13/17 - (Earth) Liber LXV, Cap. I, v. 4-6

Postby danica » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:47 pm

The metaphor of precious stones is so beautiful and rich in symbolism!

Expressions of creativity (Light) are different, unique for each of us. We, as human individuals, are like highly-specialized prisms, the Light reflects and refracts in a specific manner according to the form-properties (the inherent Structure-Saturn- of that which makes us individual) of each; and each is complex - not having only one single property, but many, which are all connected to each other like notes in a single symphony.

This brings association of astrological natal chart, which is yet another way to portray the specific, unique inner structure of an individual.

To "fret ourselves" because of these mutual differences is nonsensical! Each "stone" is precious, each has its own function in the whole. Let not the working of the mind obstruct you in perceiving the Beauty and the wholeness-in-itself of the experience of the senses in the realm of the senses.
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica

Postby Anchorite » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:36 pm

The light as musical tones - to fret a guitar is to make a specific tone - the tone of the Will.
If you fret yourself - you aren't in the Sephiroth that the Will has put you into.
Anchorite
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby David S » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:47 am

Precious can be found in various shapes and sizes.
"But all we say and do, however casually, adds up to more, far more, than our most strenuous Operations. 'Take care of the pence, and the pounds will take care of themselves.'" - Commentaries of AL
David S
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby Avshalom Binyamin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:59 am

"Let there be no difference made among you between any one thing & any other thing; for thereby there cometh hurt."

I know a person
Of infinite scope
Complex as a universe
Unique like a snowflake
A microcosm

When I look at her eyes
They are not as beautiful
As other eyes I have seen
I have seen other lips
Fuller than hers

Every finite bit of her
Can be divided off,