04/17/17 - (Earth) Liber LXV, Cap. I, v. 15-17

Scriptural meditations of the day from the Thelemic canon, with primary emphasis on Liber LXV, Liber VII, and Liber CCXX. (Meditations with no responses after 2 days will be deleted - we want to encourage ACTIVE DISCUSSION.)

Moderator: Moderators - Public

04/17/17 - (Earth) Liber LXV, Cap. I, v. 15-17

Postby danica » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:33 pm

Liber LXV, Cap. I, v. 15-17

15. I breathe, and there is infinite dis-ease in the spirit.
16. As an acid eats into steel, as a cancer that utterly corrupts the body; so am I unto the spirit of man.
17. I shall not rest until I have dissolved it all.
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: 04/17/17 - (Earth) Liber LXV, Cap. I, v. 15-17

Postby danica » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:23 pm

15. Simple flow of breath of the Divine initiates vehement motion in the human soul. Aleph; restlesness - the motion continues infinitely - "strive ever for more" ---- - - - - -
16. The effect of K&C is intensely-dissolving, all-transforming, all-consuming, to the bio-physical level.
17. Ecstasy of Infinity
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica

Postby David S » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:21 am

Breath vivifies, spirit transforms. There is a certainty in the reshaping. It's effect is subtle, yet complete. It may disrupt a life of ease, eat away at ordinary structures, obliterate hardened views or postures. There is no promise of comfort here, only of truth.
"But all we say and do, however casually, adds up to more, far more, than our most strenuous Operations. 'Take care of the pence, and the pounds will take care of themselves.'" - Commentaries of AL
David S
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:25 am

All these works and hands of days
Are pure nonsense and should be
Destroyed

The fire should burn up the hay
Of my false life
Until only a needle is left--
Only what can withstand