09/18/17 - (Saturn) Liber VII, Cap. II, v. 1-9

Scriptural meditations of the day from the Thelemic canon, with primary emphasis on Liber LXV, Liber VII, and Liber CCXX. (Meditations with no responses after 2 days will be deleted - we want to encourage ACTIVE DISCUSSION.)

Moderator: Moderators - Public

09/18/17 - (Saturn) Liber VII, Cap. II, v. 1-9

Postby danica » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:23 am

Liber VII, Cap. II, v. 1-9
1. O my God! use Thou me again, alway. For ever! For ever!
2. That which came fire from Thee cometh water from me; let therefore Thy Spirit lay hold on me, so that my right hand loose the lightning.
3. Travelling through space, I saw the onrush of two galaxies, butting each other and goring like bulls upon earth. I was afraid.
4. Thus they ceased fight, and turned upon me, and I was sorely crushed and torn.
5. I had rather have been trampled by the World-Elephant.
6. O my God! Thou art my little pet tortoise!
7. Yet Thou sustainest the World-Elephant.
8. I creep under Thy carapace, like a lover into the bed of his beautiful; I creep in, and sit in Thine heart, as cubby and cosy as may be.
9. Thou shelterest me, that I hear not the trumpeting of that World-Elephant.
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Nothing
Nothing

Return to Meditation of the Day - Thelemic Tefilah