Bitcoin/Cryptocurrencies

What do you want to talk about?

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrencies

Postby Zalthos » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:04 am

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I'm a big fan of Bitcoin. Been hodling for a little while now.

What to do think of the tech/space/etc? What bearing, if any, would you say it has on the present Aeon?
Love is the law, love under will.
Zalthos
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Bitcoin/Cryptocurrencies

Postby Takamba » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:03 pm

To paraphrase the Prophet of this Aeon from class B text: let each game stand on its own merits. It will fall or not according to the Law.
"If we are to have Beauty and Love, whether in begetting children or works of art, or what not, we must have perfect freedom to act, without fear or shame or any falsity."
Takamba
Nothing
Nothing

Re: Bitcoin/Cryptocurrencies

Postby oldfriend56 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:15 pm

I love this question, lots! Primarily because I am somewhat seduced by "historical thelema". One of the interesting appeals to Liber Al to me is its wrapping of something telelogical that enters history, a new aeon with specific, even predictable characteristics.

Okay what are those characteristics being played out now?

For me, the internet (or the "Work of Work of Wickedness") and computers (Close it in a locked glass for proof for the world) must have something significant in liber al since the internet is the one historical novelty that relates to the third chapter.

Of course, all of this is only in my mind, so I am not saying this is an objective reality to anyone else, but me :)

But to your point - YES I do believe crypto currencies are part of the fulfillment of a tearing down of the old order, "decentralization" is a very Thelemic concept, obviously. and the internet is really what is tearing down all of these old concepts, even in how we communicate, flirt, argue, etc.

also "4 6 3 8 A B K 2 4 A L G M O R 3 Y X 24 89 R P S T O V A L." does suspiciously look like a hash. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I say all of this both light hearted and utterly Sirius :)

Cheers
oldfriend56
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Return to General Discussion