Thelemic Cube of Space?

Q&A and discussion on the Hermetic Qabbalah

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Thelemic Cube of Space?

Postby Metzareph » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:07 am

Has there been an assumption that the Northeast angle is the Star instead of the Emperor? This is the corner of Tzaddi, so going with the BotL, will that then put the Star there and the Emperor on the South/Above corner?
Thanks!

:mrgreen:
"There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt."
Metzareph
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Thelemic Cube of Space?

Postby Jim Eshelman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:14 am

Metzareph wrote:Has there been an assumption that the Northeast angle is the Star instead of the Emperor? This is the corner of Tzaddi, so going with the BotL, will that then put the Star there and the Emperor on the South/Above corner?

No. NE is Aries (that's the basic, stable datum) and therefore Tzaddi. (And the flip for South-Above.)
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby Metzareph » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:40 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:No. NE is Aries (that's the basic, stable datum) and therefore Tzaddi. (And the flip for South-Above.)

Oh, right, I meant that the Northeast is traditionally Heh and not Tzaddi. In any case, after the change the Emperor goes there... I just got mixed up with the flip.
Thanks!

Metzareph

Postby Metzareph » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Sorry for asking now, and this may just be a general Cube of Space question... but I'm trying to figure out where the currents that move on the angles come from? I mean why is that Aries current moves from above to below and Taurus moves from below to above, Capricorn from north to south... etc.
Thanks!
~Juan
Metzareph

Postby Jim Eshelman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:23 pm

Metzareph wrote:I'm trying to figure out where the currents that move on the angles come from? I mean why is that Aries current moves from above to below and Taurus moves from below to above, Capricorn from north to south... etc.

...according to whom? (Asked because there are different representations on this.)
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby Metzareph » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Well, i have a version of the Sepher Yetzirah with a detailed elaboration on tarot by Aryeh Kaplan, also it is mentioned on "the Cube of Space, container of creation" by Kevin Townley. However, I ran into anther book called "New Dimensions for the Cube of Space: The Path of Initiation Revealed by the Tarot upon the Qabalistic Cube" that the currents flow in a different way, so I'm trying to figure out the thinking behind it.
Metzareph

Postby Jim Eshelman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Case gave a list of the direction these flow in one of his advanced Tarot lessons; but I'm not aware of any place where he gave a rationale. It always seemed to me that he had worked these out logically, received the list inwardly, or some combination of the two - but, again, I don't think he ever said where they came from.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby Metzareph » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Thank you Jim...

Metzareph

Postby David S » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:10 pm

I was studying the attached Cube of Space diagram, and came here to make sure it had the correct placement of the Emperor and the Star. From what Jim explains above, it is accurate. So I thought I'd post it so others could use it too.
Attachments
Cube of Space.jpg
Cube of Space.jpg (329.32 KiB) Viewed 4372 times
"But all we say and do, however casually, adds up to more, far more, than our most strenuous Operations. 'Take care of the pence, and the pounds will take care of themselves.'" - Commentaries of AL
David S
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby Tony DeLuce » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:48 pm

Kevin Townley's book is firmly in the Paul Case tradition and uses Case's directions of flow which he made up as far as I can tell as I have never seen them prior to Case's publication. Hulse's book leverages the interest created by Case in the subject but ignores his directions of flow and many other associations completely so cannot be considered as based on Case's Work. Some find Hulse's book an entertaining read and perhaps it is but either I am too dense to appreciate his contribution or it is exactly that, i.e. just an entertaining read with little or no esoteric value...
Tony DeLuce
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thelemic Cube of Space?

Postby Hermitas » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:09 am

Hulse's work seems to me to be his own meditation that he presented for others to possibly benefit from. But it has nothing to do with the logic of the construction.
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

Return to Qabbalah